HomeFront is an approved participating agency in the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York’s First Home Club (FHC) program. In order to participate and enroll in the FHC, the potential homebuyer must meet the following preliminary qualifications:
- Meet the definition of first-time homebuyer in the Program Guidelines
- Reside and purchase their home within HLB’s district area (New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands)
- Gross household income is 80% or less of the area median income, as defined in the Program Guidelines
- Open a dedicated savings account with an approved member and agree to save systematically on a monthly basis for a minimum of 10 months (We work with M & T Bank, Evans Bank, First Niagara, SEFCU & Lakeshore Saving Bank)
- Complete an approved homebuyer counseling program
- Execute the FHC Enrollment Terms & Conditions Agreement (FHC-104)
- Obtain mortgage financing from the member
- At closing, execute a subordinate mortgage for subsidy funds for a 5-year term.
If you are interested in participating in the program, call us at 716-856-2952 or use the email contact form, so we can determine your eligibility and enroll you in the First Home Club.
FIRST HOME CLUB CONTACT FORM: